Old July 10th 04, 12:05 AM
Duffy

How the heck can you blame eBay for this? Are you one of those hams that
blames eBay for everything? eBay is just an avenue to sell. I think eBay
is fine as you as you don't overpay/overbid - if you do, it's because of
your own stupidity and through no fault of eBay.

If dealers don't want to go to hamfests, who cares. It's their business to
run as they see fit.

"©" wrote in message news:wpBHc.49927$%_6.19179@attbi_s01...

"LA Runabout" wrote in message
Often heard comments from hams attending a hamfest:

Where are all the dealers? How come there are way less dealers
this year? Why don't dealers come to hamfests anymore?

Often heard comments from hams at a hamfest when speaking
to a dealer at a hamfest:

Hey, how come youze guys dont have special hamfest prices?
Your prices are way too high.
Will you take a $100 less for this rig, since we're at a hamfest?
When are youze guys going to bring rigs to hamfests that people
wanna buy?
You guys stink, I can do better through your competitor's catalog.
This rig is scratched, will you take $250 off the marked price?
Hey, tell me about this new rig (takes up 35 mins of salesman's time,
then walks away saying he can get it for less.)

Comment Dealer makes when asked by hamfest committee
to set up at a hamfest:

Not worth my time or the expense.

Only one word that created this environment: Ebay