Old August 3rd 03, 04:47 AM
Tarmo Tammaru

BNCs are almost universally used for non microwave test equipment. So, I
have used them a lot. My biggest problem has been the shield not making good
contact with the body of the connector after a while. By far, I have had the
fewest problems with the kind where a sleeve is crimped over the outer
insulation to provide strain relief. On the better connectors, this sleeve
is about an inch long. You do not want to allow any flexing of the bare
shield.

Tam/WB2TT
"Brian Kelly" wrote in message
om...
I'd like to build a compact antenna/100W rig patch panel instead
getting involved with big expensive coax switches. Could be done
nicely with BNC connectors & RG-58. Does anybody have a link to a site
which provides freq (160M-440) vs. power handling ratings for BNC
connectors?

Tnx,

w3rv