Old July 15th 04, 08:54 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: FCC Morse testing at 16 and 20 WPM
From: PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 7/15/2004 11:44 AM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

Nonsense for the new millennium.

That's what you're giving us, Len!

Of course it is.

Without any practical experience in Amatuer Radio, how could he render an
INFORMED opinon on ANYthing having to do with Amateur Radio...???

The separate, elite morsemen-only portions of the ham bands were
put there by old morsemen who were able to influence League
lobbying.

Len, what are "morsemen"?

Anything and everything he's not.

Reminds me of the TV evangilist who was always hollering about the
immorality of the flesh, then got caught renting it!

And if you're talking about how the bands got carved up into Extra-only,
Advanced-and-Extra-only, and General-and-above subbands, that wasn't an ARRL
idea at all. It came from elsewhere.

Don't confuse him with the truth, Jim.

What is this "easy to enforce" nonsense?

It's not nonsense at all, Len.

The FCC reads morse
easier than it can voice? [I don't think so] Can the FCC DF on
OOK-CW signals "easier" than voice signals? [I don't think so]

The easy to enforce *fact* is that it's simple to check the frequency of a
signal against the license class. It's not nearly so easy to verify things
like
power level.

All of the morsemen's propaganda is just spin to keep their little
morse playground. No more, no less.

What are you talking about, Len?

The propaganda is coming from the Loser on Lanark.

The only Morse-code-only segments of US amateur radio are the lowest 100 kHz
of
6 and 2 meters. Open to all hams except Novices.

More facts to choke on, Jim.

You will be angry and disturbed at such direct language, but, like
Ernestine's creator put it..."plbthththt...and that's the absolute
truth." :-)

And it's as true as what Ernestine says. IOW, what you wrote is absolute
nonsense, Len, and the historical records prove it.

As always.

Besides, why do you want to live in the past so much? Since 1990 it has been
possible to get any class of US ham license with just a 5 wpm code test and a
medical waiver. Since 2000, the only Morse code test left has been the 5 wpm
test.

I don't think Lennie's diagnosis of ACRI (*) counts for Amateur testing
waiver purposes, Jim.

Here's a challenge for ya, Len:

Tell us, in brief and clear terms, without your usual level of insults,
exactly
what *you* think the US amateur license requirements and privileges should
be.
We already know you don't like the code test so that issue is clear.

But what about the rest? How many license classes? Subbands by mode, license
class, power? What sort of written exams? Other requirements?

Yeah...let's get another dose of that age limit thing, and please include
some FCC statistics on age-vs-infraction occurences...Better yet, let's see
some of your credentials on child rearing and development that support your
assertion for the need of an age limit.

Let's see what *you* would enact if you could.

He'd just take an eraser to the whole thing.

Or are you only interested in nonsense?

My bet's on the nonsense. That's all he's produced here.

73

Steve, K4YZ

(*) Acute Cranial Rectal Inversion