Old July 16th 04, 02:41 AM
Len Over 21

In article , (Stevie
Stalker, Mighty Macho Morseman Ethnic Cleanser of Olde Tyme

Subject: FCC Morse testing at 16 and 20 WPM
From: "Kelley James"

Date: 7/15/2004 1:02 PM Central Standard Time
"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote in message

Indeed Amateur Radio is the ONLY pool of Morse capable radio operators
remaining, the very small contingent of military and SIGINT operators not
withstanding.

Tell me more about military and SIGINT operators.

What's to tell?

The Army still trains AD personnel from all services in Morse Code in
Arizona. This can be verified via independent sources so I will leave you to
it.

Fort Huachuca, Arizona. "Home of the Buffalo Soldiers."

U.S. Army Military Intelligence Center, School, and also the Hq
for Army MARS. :-)

Huachuca has a nice website which includes an on-line "museum"
of important Military Intelligence folks.

Of course Lennie willl jump in and tell us "IT"S FOR RECEIVE ONLY ! ! !
!"

Uh huh.

Absolutely for RECEIVE ONLY! :-)

Passive signal intelligence work is done that way. The other side has
no idea they are being intercepted. Sunnuvagun! How about that?

The curricula for all MOSs was on-line at Fort Huachuca. Haven't
been there lately (on-line) so it might have been re-arranged. They
had the names of the computer programs used in teaching morse
code. All were commercial packages. Sunnuvagun! How about
that!

Been to Fort Huachuca in person. Hotness rules. Stalker Stevie
will say "he's been there too" if his paranoic psychosis is working
the same. :-)

LHA / WMD