Old July 16th 04, 11:02 PM
Len Over 21

In article , (Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

Subject: FCC Morse testing at 16 and 20 WPM
From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 7/15/2004 8:41 PM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Stevie

From:
(Geoffrey S. Mendelson)
Date: 7/15/2004 10:16 AM Central Standard Time
In article , Len Over 21
wrote:

AMATEUR radio long ago CEASED to be a "pool of experienced morse
operators" for any national need. The nation does NOT need morse
operators, haven't for a long time.

That's an intresting point. 9/11 showed the need still exists for
experienced radio operators who can communicate under pressure.
Morde code is no longer necessary, but a clear voice, understanding
a phonetic alphabet, etc is.

Geoffrey, you'll notice Lennie interjected "morse" operators, although

he
does take great liberties with trying to discredit Amatueur Radio at any
opportunity.

Poor Stalker, still deep in delusional psychosis thinking that all who
disagree with Him are "discrediting amateur radio"

You did take editorial liberty with the post to add your anti-Amateur
spin, Lennie.

No "spin." A direct reply to a hate-filled delusional psychotic obsessed
with
trying to "get" certain others is NOT an indictment against all amateurs.

No other radio service in the USA uses morse code for ANY
emergency communications, nor do they do that for primary
radio communications purposes. No Public Safety Radio group
needs any morse qualifications to do their work.

This is NOT any other radio group, Lennie.

It's not the Armed Forces.

It's not PLMRS.

It is not SINCGARS or 1950's Army message centers.

Neither is this "group" qualified about national politics or space travel or
exploration (except me)...but that doesn't stop the fantasyland Stalker
from making words about those things.

You know nothing about armed forces radio communications.

You know nothing about Private Land Mobile Radio Service.

You know nothing about SINCGARS or any Army communications
facilities of the 1950s.

You MUST mention all of those to avoid being reminded that you know
so little of anything beyond amateurism.

Additionally he was in error that stating that "Amateur radio long ago
ceased to be a "pool of experienced morse operators" for any national

need."

No "error." REALITY.

Stevie Stalker LIES again, but doesn't understand he does. Tsk.

He confuses his fantasy with reality. Bad scene. He need mental
help.

And conce again we have a non-licensed...in this case mental healtcare
provider...rendering yet another unqualified opinion.

NOBODY needs "qualification certificates" to see your obsession and
stalking with all the mouthing off of snit against those you don't like.

You're nuts. Aberrant. Whacko.

No fantasy.

Right. Real life. Right here. You're nuts with obsessional hate.

VERY small. The Military Intelligence Center at Fort Huachuca
trains signal intercept operators. A few of the MOSs in that school
learn International Morse Code from computer programs. Those same
trainees also learn to operate a variety of recorders to record those
intercepts for later analysis. Just one small facet of MI training.

Morse Code will continue for some time to be a necessary skill.

Only in your fantasyland dreaming.

Thankfully some in the Armed Forces have been able to recognize that

while
we've buried ourselves under burdonsome technology, some of our adversaries
have quietly gone about keeping things in the KISS mode...And THEY have done
thier best to make sure we can have at least some reserve pool of AD personnel
who can be called upon to intercept it.

More imaginary bull****.

Again, you don't name names and talk only in generalities. That's because
you have NO experience in military electronics R&D or contracts
administration nor in planning...not in the labs, not in the field, not even
in the history of military radio.

Huachuca trains intercept operators on whatever is needed. Computer
programs for teaching morse code cognition don't depend on human
morsemen to "teach" anything.

On-off keying morse code is falling in the rest of the world. Eventually
even they (the U.S. military) will drop that training. They have the
recorders and the recorded intercepts if some idiot foreign force wants
to use morse...and thus be open to signals attack by just about
anyone.

Open to attack by just about anyone?

The term "attack" in cryptography means to begin decipherment or
the act of decipherment. Word has been around a long time.

It's not the manual OOK that is important, Lennie...It's the message

being
sent. The Germans used OOK from thier subs, and until we came into possession
of an Enigma machine and the requisite code books, their transmissions were
just as "secret" as they woul;d have been using any other mode today.

More bull**** from the very UNqualified "military communications" non-
guru. Quit cutting and pasting from old WW2 stories.

The Brits broke Enigma early in WW2. NOBODY broke the U.S.
rotor system implemented in the "Sigaba" teleprinters.

NOBODY worthwhile is using "code books" in this day and age.
At best, they might use "one-time pads." Nobody HAS to. The
encryption-decryption can be done in firmware, in a microcontroller.
It's done daily in millions of cell phones.

"Burdensome technology?!?" For a single IC stuck on a PC board?
Produces and deciphers to a very long key and is essentially very
hard to break.

128-bit encryption-decryption is regularly done in Internet browser
software. For all intents and purposes it is as secure as needs be.

On-line cryptography is NOT "burdensome" today. It occurs millions
of times a day around the world. Only the severe paranoiacs go
berserk at the thought of it. It is secure enough for its purpose.

AJKKL CDPMQ GCMMN ADAZP DDSZX WTUPA ZPZQY

Now...if I transmit those code groups via manual Morse, PSK, encrypted
vocie satellite, etc, of what use are they without the code book?

"Vocie?" [a new mode? :-) ]

Of what use is that "code book?" About the LAST time the U.S.
military used "code books" was in North Africa around 1942-1943.
A State Department code book, used by an Army major who knew
military tactics but nothing about cryptography. German field
cryptologists routinely broke his reports. He never knew.

And if I can send those code groups to my "agents" with a transmitter
hacked together with $50 worth of parts rather than a $3000 manpack that
requires an orbiting asset to realy it,

Riiiiight...you've been reading too many morse romance novels again,
haven't you? :-)

Riiiiiight...."hacking together" a super-secret raddio for HF that uses
"unbreakable" morse code. :-) For only $50 worth of parts. Right.

In your dreams, delusional one.

All that kind of nonsense ended with WW2.

No wonder you never got any real military commo experience.
Not even when you learned to stencil those boxes correctly.

By your own admission (unless you were lying about that too) you are not
involved in any emergency communications program except as an observer.

Incorrect. Try 1994. January.

From your posts here it is pretty clear you that you are indeed NOT
involved in any program at any level.

Right. All our phones here have 911 capability. :-)

What is the Stalker going to do? "Airborne his CAP asset" and relay
super-secret HF morse from his "agents?!?"

But while you've been so anxious to take each and every opportunity to
naysay anything anyone has said that even remotely favors Amateur Radio, you
haven't been paying attention to what's being said.

There's a psychotic in this forum, Lennie...But it's not me.

Crazy folks won't admit they are crazy. :-)

Basic rule found in any undergraduate psychology course.

There ya go, Stalker. You just keep on beepin...and imagining
yourself a big fat Hero of the Homeland for beeping fast.

So long, Reality again. Hello fantasy!

If what you are is "reality", Lennie, then I would do well to stay in

what
YOU call "fantasy"

Sucks to be you, Putz.

Tsk. The Stalker put away is Amateur Corps Class A uniform and the
recruiting posters for the United States Amateur Corps ("A few good men...")
and lapsed into his hate-filled snarliness mode.

Well, Stalker IS a representative of top-of-the-line amateur radio licensee.

All the PCTA love him. He be Tuff and Loud. Yell-Yell alla time.

LHA / WMD