Old July 17th 04, 09:21 PM
Mike Coslo

Tony Viglio wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

snipage

Some people might say "people complain about no one wanting to do
anything, and someone shows up that does, and you want to get rid of
him." But that isn't the case. You're dealing with an off center
character here.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Exactly! You seem very familiar with the situation we are dealing with.

Tony, I've been the target and victim of that type. I had a very
successful hockey team going at one point. Along comes a new guy, an
average player, but with *big* plans. "we gotta do this, we gotta do
that". Finally he wanted me to get rid of some of the weaker players
because they were "holding the team back". Keep in mind we were the best
team in our division, and maybe lost two games that season. But I
wouldn't have done it anyway, as they were my team mates.

So he charmed the assistant captains and some of the best players into
a revolt against me, then charmed the league into believing that this
group could compete at the next level. This left me out in the cold as
far as that team was concerned. My son stuck by me and wouldn't play for
the "new" team.

So yeah, you could say I'm familiar with that type. And that's why you
are in trouble.

The only consolation was that the league commissioner called me a
little while back to apologize for the shabby way I was treated in this
whole mess.

And my ex-team? Well that was the other part of his call. Under the
leadership of Mr. Charming, they went out and promptly fell on their
faces. They won 1 game, (IIRC) and the average loss was by double
digits. (a little hard to do in hockey) They were possibly not even
going to be allowed to play in the league in the future.

Oh, and Mr. Charm? I'll give you one guess what he did.

Big plans and pipe dreams are all very good, but not a substitute for
leadership.

You gotta boot this guy's sorry ass out, and soon! - pardon my French! 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -