Old February 20th 04, 08:44 PM
Cecil Moore

aunwin wrote:
So Cecil, that is what I mean about supplying relevant data ...

Well, in a nutshell, I route my dipole such that the four 11 dBi lobes on
10m are aimed at the English speaking land masses of the world. That works
like a charm (for me). If I ever have trouble reading someone, I switch over
to my rotatable dipole with only a 9 dBi gain and TOA of 10 deg to see if
the QSO can be improved. I seriously doubt that any vertical monopole can
beat my rotatable dipole with 9dBi gain and TOA of 10 degrees. I also
doubt that any two element vertical phased array can beat 9 dBi at 10 deg
TOA.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp