Old February 20th 04, 09:16 PM
Cecil Moore

Jim Kelley wrote:
More alternating current does NOT go into one end of ANY series
component than comes out the other. It's a completely stupid idea no
matter how many words you use to try to get around it. It's just bloody
wrong.

BS, Jim. It happens all the time in distributed networks, especially
in transmission lines with reflections. You are so hung up on lumped
circuit theory that you have forgotten there ever was such a thing as
distributed network analysis. I notice you have deleted everything in
my postings that proves you wrong. One wonders why.

Hint for you, Jim: The current varies from point to point all up and
down a transmission line with reflections. Saying that the current
doesn't vary in a transmission line with reflections is absolutely
ridiculous. The AC current at a current node may be zero. The AC
current at a current loop may be 100 amps. Jim, by any stretch of
the imagination, zero amps is NOT equal to 100 amps.

For instance, for an open-circuited 1/4WL stub, the current flowing
into the stub is very high. The current at the open end is zero. How
you can assert that they are equal is beyond belief.

Nope. I'm on record here as having observed simply that standing waves
stand, hence the name. The 'wave' does not move.

But the subject isn't waves, it is current. Standing wave current
CANNOT stand still. Within the standing wave, the current is flowing
in the opposite direction every 1/2 cycle. Why is that so difficult
for you to comprehend?

Is there no limit to how asinine you allow yourself to be?

If quoting your ridiculous assertions makes me asinine, then so
be it. How you can assert that there is a current taper in a coil,
yet argue that the current cannot be different at each end of the
coil is pathological. If the current cannot be different, where
does the current taper come from?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp