Old July 21st 04, 04:43 AM
Len Over 21

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

Len was wrong about the first voice transmission date. Okay, so what. I

still enjoy reading his posts. So many of them make me laugh with his
wit and puns. Dipped in acid they are, but witty nonetheless. Even when
he calls me a hockey puck or a fifth wheel on the Four Morsemen of the
Apocalypse - man, that's funny stuff!

I don't remember calling you "a fifth wheel on the Four Morsemen of the
Apocalypse" but then Rev. Jim will call me wrong anyway... :-)

The whole point of this newsgroup (or newsgrope) seems to be for a
few of the regulars to establish their divine, ultimate superiority in
anything remotely close to amateur radio. This "superiority" is
accomplished by trying to denigrate and insult all who talk back to
those noble, never-wrong extra regulars.

As I've pointed out before on testing and the QP, the FCC never ever
made a maximum limit on the pool questions, only a minimum. If
the QPC wants to make it large, then it can. A very large QP will
defeat all the baseless charges of "incopetence" via "memorization"
of all the answers.

The question pool is generated by an all-amateur group. It would seem
likely that they would know the material and what should be there.

The criticism hurled about in here isn't directed at the QPC, is it?
The criticism is against all those who took the test when the public
pool data was available...by the OFs who took tests under the old
system of "private" questions.

"Mankind invented language to satisfy his need to complain." - anon.

LHA / WMD