Old August 11th 04, 03:34 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: Another D-H* NCVEC proposal
From: Mike Coslo
Date: 8/11/2004 9:11 AM Central Standard Time
Steve Robeson K4CAP wrote:
From:
PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 8/11/2004 5:08 AM Central Standard Time

Or why don't we quit wallowing in all this administrative quagmire and
just "get on with it"...??? As you and I have both pointed out on numerous
occasisons, Jim, Gradeschoolers are passing the EXTRA, ergo there's little
validation for a new "entry class" license...

And that is perhaps the most telling point, Steve. If a 9 year

old kid
can pass the Extra, there is no reason to make tests easier. I don't
doubt that the child is a bit exceptional, but there are the Technician
and General licenses, which are certainly easier.

And I really wonder what, if anything, one of those 9 year olds could tell
you about radio propagation, modes, etc...

But it's not just kids...It's just about anyone anymore.

Now...if the POOLS were closed and the applicants actually HAD to LEARN
something, there MIGHT be a reason to have a simpler test to get started

with..

I don't think there are any good reasons to have a simpler test. If
anything, I would like the Extra made harder.

The test is hard enough, IF we were really testing applicants on thier
knowledge...We're not...We're testing them on the questions.

Would you want to go under the knife of a surgeon who got through medical
school on "open pool" testing? =0

73

Steve, K4YZ