Old February 21st 04, 01:05 AM
Phil

Try the Comet 400 series mount. It's a bit pricy but is strong and very
adjustable. I use a pair of them on my van's hatch and can play mix and
match. With the 3/8 x 24 mount, you can use hamsticks as well as vhf
antennas. Time to sneak a '706 into the van? When you don't want antennas
just cover the mounts with tubing caps (make it a tight fit) and you are all
set until the next trip.

Phil, KB2HQ

"Greg Doughty" wrote in message
I am going to a hamfest this weekend (Frostfest in Richmond, Va.) and

would
like to get all the parts to assemble my mobile antenna. Okay, after

reading
many many threads on newsgroups and eham, I have still a couple of

questions. I
have a 2000 Dodge Caravan (I posted before and had many good responses!)

and
now my wife has said I can drill. Well, I will only be using the ic 2100

on
road trips and the like. I have an ht for all other things. On road

trips we
use a "snail" on the luggage rack. Kind of hard to get the antenna there

now.
My only option is an adjustable angle mount on the hood, rear gate, or

mounting
the antenna to the frame under the front or rear bumper? My wife doesn't

mind
a 5/8 wave on the bumpers as long as it can be removed. Are there any

mounts
for the bumper? It is a plastic bumper and the metal frame is recessed

about
6-10 inches up under the bumper. I guess a mag mount will work but just

not as
well as a mount that is drilled. Will the clamp mount work on the hood?

Thanks
73
Greg