Old August 14th 04, 11:10 AM
S. Hanrahan

On 29 Jul 2004 04:00:50 GMT, PAMNO (N2EY) wrote:

In article UIYNc.188075$JR4.54268@attbi_s54, "King Zulu"
writes:

"N2EY" wrote in message
N2EY" wrote in message
Back in the gud ol' days ('58), the non-renewable Novice license was
good for only 12 months, starting from the application date.

I don't think that's the way it was.

That was the way it was, Jim. Why would I make it up?

I didn't say you made it up. I didn't say you lied. I simply wrote that I don't
think that's how it was back then.

Actually it was that way. My father had a KN7 call and the Novice
license even back in the early 1960's was good for only one year, then
it became null and void. He upgraded before the year ran out, and
they dropped the "N" from the prefix, and he's held that call since.

Stacey, AA7YA