Old August 15th 04, 03:09 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: Another D-H* NCVEC proposal
From: "KØHB"
Date: 8/14/2004 8:08 PM Central Standard Time

"Robert Casey" wrote

Having a supervised only license is more brearucratic hassle than
that met learning how to operate anyway.

Hi Bob,

I feel that the idea of a "Here, Kid, let me hold your hand and show you
how to be a ham" license would send absolutely the wrong message to new
ham 'wannabes'.

Hans, where's the "wrong message" about offering a program that provides a
structured training program for those that want it?

We ALREADY have a "wrong message" out there that says 'No one wants to
help me and I have so many questions to ask..."

A program that identified qualified "mentor stations" and "training clubs"
would directly couple these folks with people who want to help and have the
knowledge and skills to help.

Quite frankly, anyone who was attracted to such a structured supervised
license environment doesn't belong in *MY* Amateur Radio service.
(Watch LHA spin up his rotors over that comment!)

So as far as Hans Brakob is concerned, anyone who WANTS some sort of
training to help them, they can get lost.

THAT sends a message, for sure.

I am sure most of us already know what the message is.

Steve, K4YZ