Old August 15th 04, 08:21 PM
Robert Casey

I feel that the idea of a "Here, Kid, let me hold your hand and show you
how to be a ham" license would send absolutely the wrong message to new
ham 'wannabes'.

Hans, where's the "wrong message" about offering a program that provides a
structured training program for those that want it?

Those who want it can find Elmers today. But I wouldn't want to make
it a required path. Kids run into many requirements as it is, like
being required to study some foriegn language selected by someone else,
or history classes that are little more than preparation for Jepordy
or trivial presuit games.