Old August 16th 04, 09:40 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: Another D-H* NCVEC proposal
From: "KØHB"
Date: 8/15/2004 10:58 AM Central Standard Time

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote

So as far as Hans Brakob is concerned, anyone who WANTS some sort of
training to help them, they can get lost.

Pure fantasy, Steve.

Would it be too much to ask to ask you to please get your stories
straight, Hans...?!?!

In the post that I responded to, you specifically stated that anyone who
WANTED a structured, mentored systems was not welcome in "(YOUR)" Amateur Radio
Service.

have 'Elmered' dozens of new hams (and continue
to), am affiliated with the MNYARC (
http://www.mnyarc.org/ ), am an
ARRL registered instructor, a Handi-Hams volunteer, and am a contributor
to the Ham-Elmer yahoogroup, just for a few examples of my contributions
to the volunteer training of new hams.

Hoooray for Hans.

I've mentored folks too. This is just one other suggestion on how it
might be done.

But I don't support (in fact I vehemently oppose) the notion of
"supervised operations only" ham radio license. If that makes me a "bad
person" in your eyes, then I guess I'll just have to live with the
horrible stigma of your disapproval. Why does that not bother me?

It's not about "(my) eyes", Hans...It's about what YOU said.

QUOTE:

From: "KØHB"
Date: 8/14/2004 8:08 PM Central Standard Time
Quite frankly, anyone who was attracted to such a structured supervised
license environment doesn't belong in *MY* Amateur Radio service.

UNQUOTE.

Verbatim, Hans. You said it...anyone can follow the thread.

So...Anyone who didn't/doesn't "do it" the way YOU did is unwelcome.

It really is THAT simple.

Steve, K4YZ