Old August 18th 04, 02:43 AM
William

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message ...
"William" wrote in message
om...
PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

N2EY wrote:

These are the number of unexpired FCC ARS
licenses held by individuals on the dates listed:

snip

Total Tech/TechPlus - 320,925 (decrease of 13,329)

Total all classes - 675,693 (increase of 901)

Good to see that the total numbers increased *despite* the "Great

Falloff"

We have only 901 more hams today than we had when the whole

restructuring
business came into being more than 4 years ago. (Some "professionals"

can't
seem to even get a Technician license out of the box, despite the

reduction in
written testing as well as code).

Total growth of 901 in that much time isn't healthy. Reducing the code

test to
just 5 wpm did not result in sustained growth, and neither did reducing

the
written tests.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Probably too little, too late. People
just don't want to learn the code. Either
that or people just don't want to become hams.
We have an insider who might be able to shed
some light on those issues.

It's difficult for people to develop an interest in ham radio when they have
never heard of it. Most people that I know who are not hams never even
heard about it until they met me.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Dee, I got beat up on here a couple of years ago for saying that you
almost had to know a ham to become a ham.

Hi, hi.