Old February 22nd 04, 01:27 AM
Mike

Default Some help with Dipole Height

From what I am learning the dipole antenna does not necessarily
follow the rule "the higher the better" Does anyone know what is a
good height for a center fed dipole (10 meter) I want to use this for
contacts into Europe and possibly Asia. My ground conductivity is not
all that great. I am located in Northern Delaware. I want to acheive a
classic dipole pattern just need to know ideal height. This antenna
will be flat topped. It is contructed of 1/2" conduit and is possible
to achieve a maximum height of 70 feet(suspended from a branch using
two ropes to keep it parrallel) and a distance of 60 feet from the
house. I want to use coax cable but open to ladder line...This is
probably not an original question here, but have not found the answer
and I don't have any modeling software.
Thank you
Mike