Old February 23rd 04, 01:33 AM
G&R

I must reply to this question with several answers.

1. If the antenna is designed to be refolded (as ours are, even though some
care must be taken) it is no problem.

2. If the antenna is designed to be only unfolded only. It may still be
possible, but the risk of damage is significantly greater.

3. In some cases....well once you open it its open unless you break it to
fold it :-(

Look at each case and proceed with care.

Good Luck,

Guenther ve3cvs
www.degendesigns.com

"cme" wrote in message
I was wondering if a antenna is shipped folded and then erected . Can the
same antenna be refolded without damaging the elements. I have the chance

buy a radioshack vhf/uhf antenna that came folded but dont know if it can
be refolded without damaging the elements. In other words are they locked
and you have force them to refold and damage them.