Old September 9th 04, 06:08 AM
Dave Heil

William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...

Hey Dave, what is Quitefine's role in amateur radio?

I have no idea. Why not ask him?

But Dave, we've got you running around here commenting on people's
roles in amateur radio. And we've got Quitefine trying so hard to
establish herself as having a role in amateur radio.

You don't have me doing anything.

I may not "have" you doing it, but you're doing it none-the-less.
Feel better?

As long as you realize that your "we have you running around" statement
is in error.

As long as you realize that you're running around commenting on
people's roles in amateur radio.

That's not correct. As I've already mentioned below, I'm not running
around.

I'm not running at all. I'm sitting
in a comfy chair. As to commenting on peoples' roles in amateur radio,
they first have to be radio amateurs in order to have a role.

Tell me about Quitefine. Is she an amateur?

I haven't the slightest idea.

No? You appear to have ideas about quite a number of things, yet you
draw a blank on this one. I just don't believe that.

You don't believe that I have no idea about the background of someone
who has not been identified? You sound awfully silly, "William".

You need to address your question to Quitefine.

Clue: I get to decide what I need to do.

Okay, decide. If you persist in asking me about "Quitefine", you'll
only look sillier.

Len doesn't have a role in amateur radio. Whether Leonard H. Anderson posts
here or doesn't post here, amateur radio goes on. Morse code goes on.
Chasing DX goes on.

Does it go on with or without Quitefine?

It certainly does.

Yet you choose to make daily statements to Len that it goes on without
him, but are (almost) silent when it comes to Quitefine. Perhaps
Quitefine has made contributions to Ham Radio magazine. Perhaps you
have, too.

Almost silent? I don't ever hear anything when I'm reading posts to
these newsgroups. Do you hear voices?

I don't know anything about "Quitefine". Perhaps he/she has made
contributions to the defunt "Ham Radio" magazine. I've not done so. I
wrote for "Ham Radio Horizons" and "CQ" and did cartoons for
"Radiosporting".

So what is Quitefine's role? Unless you're just here to give her a
pass.

I'm not Quitefine.

You have a bad habit of directing your questions to
the wrong people.

Actually, no.

Actually, yes you do.

Why are you the wrong person?

That would seem evident to all but you. I'm not "Quitefine" and I have
no knowledge of "Quitefine". Why do you find that so difficult to
accept?

You seem to have so many opinions about so many things, but draw a
blank on this one. Hi, hi.

I'm not "Quitefine" and I have no knowledge of "Quitefine". Why do you
find that so difficult to accept?

You even hold the opinion, stated above, that amateur radio, morse
code, and chasing dx go on without Quitefine.

That should be obvious, even to you.

Yet you haven't the "slightest idea" whether Quitefine is an amateur
or not.

What does it matter for the purposes of my statement?

You have the bad habit of enabling anonymous people to
behave badly, while crying foul with respect to some people who do
identify themselves.

What are you, Susan Sarandon? Barbra Streisand?

No. I am bb.

Oh! I apologize "Beebee", I was under the impression that you were
"William".

I'm not buying your "enabling" scenario. I'm responsible for my
actions.

You certainly are. You are responsible for your own "Good Amateur
Practice."

That's correct.

You are responsible for your actions.

I certainly am. I have always been responsible for my actions.

Yes, you have.

You need to ask Quitefine. You may or may not get an
answer.

I asked you.

That was a poor decision on your part. You keep making the same mistake
of seeking information from the wrong source.

I've made mistakes before, probably will again. How about you?

I'm not known for making the same one over and over and over again.

I won't get an answer because you have a history of
enabling bad behavior. working out of band French ops on 6M.

You won't get an answer because I'm not the person posting as
"Quitefine".

I never thought that you were the person posting as Quitefine.

Then why would you continue to ask me for information when I've advised
that I know nothing of the person posting as "Quitefine"?

French authorities are responsible for what French radio amateurs do.

French -radio amateurs- are responsible for what they do, not the
French communications authorities.

Yes, you're right. The French authorities are charged with taking
action against those French ops who violate French regs.

And you are responsible for what
you do.

I've already stated as much. I'm not French and I broke no French,
Tanzanian or American amateur radio regs.

You can choose to use "Good Amateur Practice" or not. Although Riley
says that "Good Amateur Practice" is enforceable, you were lucky that
you were operating under a Tanzanian permit and not subject to U.S.
enforcement.

You're back to being silly again, "T5/William". I broke no Tanzanian
regs and I broke no U.S. regs. Some French ops apparently broke French
amateur radio regulations. Their government is responsible for any
action to be taken against them. Have you contacted the French
authorities yet to protest the outrageous behavior of French scofflaw
hams? Maybe you'd like to initiate an "amateur radio war crimes"
complaint so that a tribunal can be formed.

That's been pointed out to you any number of times.

Many things have been pointed out to me any number of times. They are
often wrong.

Your problems often begin because you fail to see the difference.

It doesn't say much
for your intelligence that you've been unable to grasp this basic
concept.

To think that French communication authorities are responsible for out
of band French amateurs and you carrying on on six meters is absurd.

You got part of it right. The part where you understood that the French
had any sway over my operations from Tanzania is absurd. The part where
French radio amateurs are out of their assigned frequency allocations
and that French communications authorities are responsible for taking
any action against them is not absurd at all.

Did they send you a nice QSL card?

Of whom are you writing?

"Sorry Hans, Working French Hams Out-Of-Band IS JUST LIKE
Working French Hams In-Band!"

Hans? He isn't involved. He's already advised you that he thinks
you're all wet on this one too, "Bill".

Not a problem. As I pointed out above, many things have been pointed
out to me any number of times. They are often wrong.

Let me know how this one turns out, Farnsworth.

So, do you also have an opinion of Blackguard Vox Deus?

An opinion? Earlier you asked me if "Quitefine" is a radio amateur and
about his/her role in amateur radio. As with "Quitefine", I'm not sure
of the gender of "Blackguard Vox Deus" or whether he/she is a radio
amateur.
My *opinion* is that "Blackguard" doesn't care much for Len. I can
understand that.

Feel free to carry on with your James Carville impersonation.

Dave K8MN