Old February 23rd 04, 03:58 AM
Dave Head

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:46:54 -0600, "Crazy George"
wrote:

Dave:

From that description, I suspect you are going to find all the bolt holes in
the tubing elongated from torque. We usually drill slightly oversize holes
for our fasteners, but in this high stress application, the holes should
start undersize so the fasteners have to be driven in and are tight from the
get-go. Also, it is necessary to select fasteners which do not have threads
where they pass through the walls of the tubes. This is often the most
difficult challenge.

That is certainly worth a suspicion or two. I had it tilted over a couple
months ago, after being up for a while, and inspected the bolts and found no
wear. The whole assembly was not "tight" at that time either, and I think it
was the rotor that had the play. But I'll tilt it over again and go through it
all.

Thanks,

Dave Head
K8DH