Old August 4th 03, 04:21 PM
Zack Lau

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
For satellite work....build a turnstile, as suggested. Then put a 1
wavelength square reflective screen under it. About .1 wavelength as I
recall. Any help here guys? My memory is a bit lacking on this.

Dan/W4NTI

I discovered that you can eliminate the need for the
phasing cable by tying together an inverted Vee with
a dipole, and self phasing the two antennas. Probably
not as good as two identical antennas if you want perfect
phasing, but I've not figured out a cheaper technique for
obtaining circular polarization with a pair of antennas.

Self phasing--the dipole is adjusted for an impedance of
50-j50 ohms and the inverted vee is adjusted for 50+j50
ohms, so that when combined, the impedance is 50 ohms
and a 90 degree phase shift is obtained.

Zack Lau W1VT