Old September 20th 04, 11:54 AM
N2EY

In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

My entry into ham radio was also by virtue of "something else." My husband
at the time saw classes listed and had always wanted to be a ham (he'd had
relatives who were hams). He said "let's do this together" and basically
dragged me along as I had no interest at the time. Once I got involved in
the class, I found it fascinating and not only got my Tech (with code) but
immediately forged ahead to get my upgrades. Well that husband and I have
parted ways, but I have remained active in ham radio except for the
temporary effects of moving three times.

GREAT story, Dee, and it proves my point: The real problem was that you didn't
know much about ham radio, not that "the tests were too hard" or "Morse code
was a barrier". Once you knew what ham radio had to offer, you just went for
it. And it wasn't a "make spouse/parents happy" thing, but a genuine interst on
your part.

73 de Jim, N2EY