Old February 24th 04, 06:11 PM
Incognito

Have u seen the eHam Reviews of High Sierra Antennas ??

If not go to URL:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/products/12

Over 50 reviews there by users.

--
Incognito By Necessity (:-(

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- - -Harry S Truman

"KD5SRL" ***@***.*** wrote in message
Hey Folks,

I'm getting ready to trade in the old Ford truck and purchase a new
Honda Element or CR-V. I'll be looking to place something like the
YAESU - FT-857 (I've been a Kenwood man forever) and need to match it
up to a nice screw driver type antenna. I need something that I can
get into my garage when it is off in low position without destroying
it or the paint on my garage door.

I've taken a look at High Sierra "Side Kick"
3.5 MHz to 60 MHz with our 3 foot whip.
1.5:1, or less, typical SWR
200 watt power rating to the antenna
Just over 4 feet when fully retracted
About 4.5 feet when fully extended
It weighs about 2 pounds
High-Q phenolic coil and no hazardous Beryllium finger stock
Comes with our Black Hawk Motor

Does anyone have any experience with High Sierra or comments or
suggestions for a good HF mobile rig set up. Size matters! I need
something small but good. I know... I know... I want my cake and eat
it too but if this is too much to ask... I'd love to hear from other
hams that have experience with similar situations.

73's

Paul - KD5SRL