Old February 24th 04, 11:18 PM
Cecil Moore

Richard Harrison wrote:
If we have a Class C amplifier feeding power to the same antenna and
enjoying a conjugate match, we can have a source that takes less than
50% of the available energy. So, the transmitting antenna system can be
more efficient than the receiving antenna system, it seems to me.

Comparing a Class C amplifier to a linear receive antenna source is comparing
apples and oranges. If one makes the transmitter Class-A linear (like the
receive antenna is linear) then the antenna is reciprocal for transmit and
receive. (A Class C or Class B or even Class AB *single stage* is not linear).
Putting two of them in push-pull doesn't make the individual single stages linear.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp