Old September 25th 04, 05:59 AM
William

(William) wrote in message . com...
PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message ...
Not sure if I answered this one or not...

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

N2EY wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

N2EY wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Limbo is when a prospective ham thinks that possibly he or she can get
on HF simply by waiting a few months and not having to take any Morse
code test.

OK. But would that really keep a lot of folks from getting any license at
all?

It would seem to me that the sensible thing to do in that situation, were
someone that averse to the 5 wpm code test, would be to pass the Tech and
General writtens. Maybe toss in the Extra written too. They'd have a Tech
license and General and/or Extra CSCE. Then, when the code test went away,
they'd be all set to go. Spend the waiting time setting up a station,
antenna, etc.

It might seem sensible to you or me, but I don't think that all that
many people think that way. Of course, they would also have to know
about CSCE's too. I didn't know about them until I flunked my first
Morse code test.

I guess it all comes down to how knowledgeable a newcomer is.

Well, well, well.

You tried telling me that newcomers even knew which Code Exam to ask for.

Now they just might not know about CSCE's.

Hello?