Old September 26th 04, 12:40 PM
Dee D. Flint

"William" wrote in message
om...
(Brian Kelly) wrote in message

. com...
PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message
In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

(N2EY) wrote in message
.com...

. . . . . .

Those waivers effectively meant that nobody really had to go beyond

the 5 wpm
test to get a US ham license. All it took was a doctor's note from

*any* MD or
DO, and you could write the letter and get the doc to sign it. You

didn't need
a diagnosis of any particular problem, nor any sort of permanent

condition,
just a rather vague certification that for medical reasons it would be

harder
for you to pass the test than the average bloke.

Do you know of *anyone* who tried and couldn't get a waiver? Or *any*

doc who
was even questioned by FCC? I don't.

I don't even know anybody who got one of those waivers much less how
they pulled it off.

Interesting. Jim says anyone who wanted one could have one.

Kelly says he doesn't know a single waivered ham.

I wonder if there's any middle ground here that comes closer to the truth?

I personally know one person who got a waiver (my ex husband) and was
present at a test session as a candidate where another person got a waiver.

People didn't make a big deal of it so it's hard to say how many got them.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE