Old September 27th 04, 04:59 AM
Dave Heil

N2EY wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

Jimmie has opinions about everything. Each and every one of them
is write and "right." Anyone who disagrees is always "wrong."

You've hosed this one up too, Leonard. Anyone who is wrong is wrong.
That isn't to say that the individual is always wrong. If he is wrong
on another occasion, it will no doubt be pointed out.

Foghorn Lenhorn makes statement of fact. All too often his statements
are flat out wrong.

We've seen Len behave like this many times before, Dave. He simply cannot
tolerate having his mistakes and errors pointed out by someone he considers
inferior - such as me.

It is an upside down world in which a ham, posting in an amateur radio
newsgroup is considered inferior by a non-ham who hangs out here for
reasons known only to himself.

It's a plain, simple fact that we got code waivers because JY1 (better known as
King Hussein of Jordan) asked then-president George Bush to do something about
US code test requirements for hams. GB1 told FCC to do something, and we got
medical waivers.

It wasn't because of ADA, or Handi-Hams, or anything like that.

Leonard isn't about to allow facts to stand in his way.

For some reason, Len doesn't like having that sort of thing pointed out.

I'd say the reason is that he looks foolish when he attempts to
pontificate on something he knows little about.

He's probably also ticked about being proved wrong on his "subdivision was only
possible because of modern frequency synthesizer" statement. Apparently, Len
cannot conceive of the concept of being allowed to operate anywhere within a
given band of frequencies, and of not having to know one's exact QRG within a
few Hz - only that one's transmitted signal is inside the band.

Len is accustomed to using spot frequency channels. The way most
amateur radio operation takes place is outside his field of reference.

Back about 1961, there was an article by W1ICP in QST showing how to build a
100/50 kHz frequency standard. 6AU6 oscillator, 12AU7 multivibrator (which
today we'd call a flipflop). It was a "Beginner and Novice" article....

All a ham needed was something like that to know where the band and subband
edges were.

But Len just doesn't get it.

....because it places the situation outside his "Frequency synthesizers
began appearing in many radio services...." pontification. His status
(the one he doesn't need or want) as expert is invalidated.

Dave K8MN