Old February 25th 04, 02:05 PM
Ken

Default Unequal dipole legs on shortened antenna

I have a shortened all-band dipole with two loading coils on each leg.
On 80 and 160 it has a very narrow resonance bandwidth that requires a
choice between data (low end) and phone (hi end). I am using a
wide-range manual tuner.

By changing the length of two segments on each side, I can move the
resonant "passband" where I want it on 80 and 160.

Using the antenna outside the passband results in unacceptably huge
(like 99%) feedline losses -- when the feedline is coax. I suspect
that if I shift to ladderline, the losses will just move to my tuner.

What would happen if I adjust one leg for resonance on phone and the
other for resonance on data?

If this would give me 50% of the resonant signal of a balanced
antenna, that would be acceptable.

Ken KC2JDY
Ken
(to reply via email