Old August 4th 03, 09:51 PM
Dave Shrader

We can totally eliminate all this noise if we simply operate our
equipment at -273 C.

Deacon Dave, W1MCE

Roy Lewallen wrote:

Egad, there's a sucker born every minute. It's stuff like this that
makes venture capitalists the cynical SOBs they are.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

k4wge wrote:

Thermal noise in electronic equipment is typically created by the
excitation of phonons, which are resonances in conductors caused by
the movement of electrons through the quantum well. Phonons are a type
of noise in themselves; they are caused by a certain class of
electrons colliding with the crystal lattice of conductors (silver,
copper, etc.) through which they are being transmitted. Such phonons
travel, not at the speed of light, but of sound, and therefore are
instantly out of phase with the signal. Shot noise, which is generated
by the operation of transistors, is similar in nature to thermal or
white noise. Low-frequency (1/f) noise is always present, and
increases as an inverse power of the frequency.

The Bybee solution is based on principles derived from quantum
mechanics, the study of how electrons behave at the subatomic level.

http://www.bybeetech.com/