Old February 25th 04, 03:47 PM
Dave

"Gary Boyer" wrote in message
I am looking for suggestions on erecting a first time 160 meter

antenna..no,
I don't have and tower and no I don't have any antenna modeling
software....I am just interested in your thoughts....I have never been on
160 and would just like to try it....tnx...Gary..K8BY..Oh..I just live on

average size city lot....few trees....

put up the longest dipole you can as high as you can and load it with a
tuner... that is the easiest and fastest way. if you have an 80m dipole
that will work ok to try it out. this weekend is a good time to see what
you can do, the cq 160m ssb test is this weekend so there will be lots of
activity.