Old October 5th 04, 10:37 AM
N2EY

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Brian Kelly wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message

Brian Kelly wrote:

That's right, "William", I've got a modified 75A-3 which is about

51
years old, a 51S-1 which was produced in the late seventies and

KWM-2A

NICE collection!

...and I saw a fairly priced 75A-4 at the Washington, PA hamfest this
morning. I resisted.

Woo-woo! Nice piece. What are they going for these days?

Well, there's the ebay price and there's the small hamfest price.
This one was in pretty good shape and a firm 500 clams.

oh mama!

Some years back I was tabled next to a guy selling a very nice A4. All the
filters, reduction knob, book. $250. I resisted. I still regret it.

Ya hafta resist or ya go nuts. I've sworn to myself not to clutter
this place up with any boat anchors.

I have not taken such a vow.

Why resist if you have the space and it gives you pleasure?

None. Zero tolerance for boat
anchors around here. But then I spot the R4B and the 75S-3B again and
remember all the goodies I worked and all the fun I had with them and
start to crumble. I need a Boat Anchors Anonymous chapter to help me
deal with it but alas, no such thing . . .

Go with the flow. It beats collecting Hummel figurines.

Send him to my basement for the cure...

73 de Jim, N2EY