Old October 16th 04, 12:07 AM
Dave Heil

Mike Coslo wrote:

William wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote in message ...

Does anyone in the group have a Butternut HF-6V? I bought a used one,
and some of the insulators have cracked.

I have new insulator material, but a couple of the pieces are missing
and I can't quite tell the length.

If you had pix, or if it was near enough that I could travel to get pix
of the offending parts, I would be most grateful.

TIA - Mike KB3EIA -

Mike, I've never had a butternut, but there are manual sellers all
over the place, and a lot of websites, many for getting the antenna on
160m.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...al&btnG=Search

I've been trying that. I have the manual, but it doesn't give the
dimensions I need. I suppose I could just cut some out sort of at
random, but I don't know if that might alter the performance if I get
the wires too far or too close to the main tube.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Mike,

Are you writing of the fiberglas insulators in the main vertical tubing?
If so, the length isn't critical and can be compensated for in tuning
the antenna, something you'll have to do anyway. An inch or so of
exposed insulator should do it. Get plenty of the stuff inside the
aluminum tubing for strength.

Dave K8MN