Old October 17th 04, 06:11 AM
Bill Sohl

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Bill Sohl wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Where you been Bill? I haven't read one of your posts in a while.

Very busy summer, some vacation, there's more to life tha the inernet :-)
:-)

Why do you consider this a treaty matter today?

Well, it kinda is! But read on.

While the current
treaty may not yet have gone through Senate approval, surely aren't
suggesting (or maybe you are) that anyone here (USA) or elsewhere
considers the prior treaty still in effect.

You do raise a good point, since the present Powers that be might not
consider themselves bound by the treaty anyhow.

I wonder how long it was after the WARC that created the
"WARC" bands that the FCC changed the USA rules to allow
use of those bands. Did US rules change before Senate ratification?
Hey Jim (N2EY), got your history of the FCC and ham rules
handy?

But this will still probably take longer than any of us that made
thoughtful predictions thought. 8^)

So it seems.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK