Old February 26th 04, 07:49 PM
Richard Harrison

Art, KB9MZ wrote:
"The half power thingy I presume is understood by all so IS something
very exciting to be revealed that shows that the dipole is really an
efficient radiator after all, but only if you put a class C amplifier on
it?"

Art was the introducer of efficiency into this impedance thread.
Something from Art about radiation per unit length of an antenna, if I
recall. We noted that the antenna itself is usually so efficient there`s
not much to talk about, but there are differences in the effectiveness
of getting a signal on and off the air via an antenna. There`s coupling
the antenna to the radio. This has been argued here since before the "47
KW CB" thread, and that was years ago.

If Art can get more signal out of an antenna which is as small or
smaller than ordinary without putting more current into that antenna,
assuming orientation, polarization, and the other usual conditions are
fair for the competition, I`m excited.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI