Old October 18th 04, 05:52 PM
Mike Coslo

Len Over 21 wrote:
In article et, "Bill Sohl"
writes:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Dee D. Flint wrote:

The ARRL is now projecting that it will take the FCC until at least

sometime

in 2006 to make any changes.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Yup! Easily then if not later. If the current administration is still
in at that time, it may even be later - if at all. Remember that
conservative folks of the neo stripe *don't* like treaties, and this is
a treaty matter.

Mike,

Why do you consider this a treaty matter today? While the current
treaty may not yet have gone through Senate approval, surely aren't
suggesting (or maybe you are) that anyone here (USA) or elsewhere
considers the prior treaty still in effect.

Bill, they still do... :-)

Not sure who "they" are. I'm just noting that it is a treaty matter,
and that the powers that be don't like treaties. My guess is that if the
requirement is removed from a treaty and the folks in Washington know
that, they will oppose it on the basis that they don't want to be told
what to do by the rest of the world.

Despite my PCTA status, When Element one goes away, I'll note it, and
enjoy my morning coffee just like any other day.

Many middle aged (and up) males astound me with their ability to get
incredibly angry about "things" "When Morse code goes away. It'll just
be like CB" or the one I always get to hear "Any idiot can become an
Extra these days" - when they forget that I am one of those any idiots.
And its not just Hams - could be just about anyone on just about any
subject.

But I isn't one of them! 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -