Old February 26th 04, 08:38 PM
Steve Nosko

"Richard Harrison" wrote in message
Steve Nosko wrote:
"A (tube) amplifier is in conjugate match conditions. ...

Now assuming you can, increase the (plate) supply voltage by , say
20%---(may be the fatal flaw)."

Likely so. If everything remains linear, 20% more voltage increases
power by 1.2 squared, or 1.44 times. If the tube was already dissipating
its maximum sustainable power, expect an early failure due to the
overload.

That's what I went on to say (get more power and 50% will be
dissipated in the stage...until it blows), but there was more to the story
which is relavant.
--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.