Old October 20th 04, 05:12 PM
N2EY

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
N2EY wrote:
---

On the subject of "MADE IN CHINA": There was a story in the local paper's
business section about the bottleneck at various West Coast ports, specifically
Long Beach and Los Angeles. Imports from Pacific Rim countries, particularly
China, are arriving at such a rate that ships wait as much as a week to be
unloaded because the port facilities can't handle the flow. New people are
being hired and the facilities expanded, but such expansion takes time.

Of course what's less visible is the flow of money in the opposite direction.

And what is even LESS thought of is their investment in us and propping
of our economy that they are doing.

That's what I was trying to say, I think.

One of these days man,
And it won't be very long
They gonna own us.

In some ways they already do.

Try to buy a new computer that's American made. Or many other items.
The brand name may be USA but the "Made In XXX" label tells the facts.

It's "good for business/the economy" in the short run because the
prices are lower. But in the long run, we're not going to have the
American Dream by manufacturing only weapons, high tech stuff, and
taking in each other's washing.

Scares the bejabbers out of me.

Me too.

73 de Jim, N2EY