Old October 23rd 04, 04:55 PM
N2EY

In article , Alun
writes:

The discussion quoted above was about admission to a very serious
DX/contest club. Their standards are high, and their goal is to win.
Not having an Extra is an easily-avoided disadvantage, and that the
applicant didn't understand that was an indication that he didn't
really understand what the club is all about.

Heck, if I applied, they'd probably ask me what logging software I use
in contests. And when I told them I use paper logs, they'd probably
say:

"What's *your* problem, Jim?"

73 de Jim, N2EY

I use paper logs too, and you're probably right about that, I'm sure they
would look askance at it.

Exactly! Nothing "wrong" with computer logs, or paper logs. But at the level
those folks play the game, computer logging has a definite advantage - just
like having an Extra.

73 de Jim, N2EY