Old October 25th 04, 06:08 AM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

Subject: WHICH Extras, Brain?
From: "KØHB"

Date: 10/20/2004 6:42 PM Central Standard Time

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote

fm:

to:

Dear Rich,

Some time ago a story appeared in CQ that told a story about a
young,
recently licensed operator who made the mistake of using "CB" lingo on
the
repeater.

The story went on to tell about a "crusty" old op that
subsequently read
him the riot act on the air, causing the young op to rethink his
Amateur
"career".

Can you help me locate this article?

Thanks!

Steve Robeson, LPN
Amateur Call K4YZ
Winchester, TN

fm: K0HB
to: W2VU

Hi Rich,

Just so you know what's going on......

Back in 1997 on one of the USENET newsgroups, rec.radio.amateur.policy,
I wrote the story quoted below. Today I repeated it there in response
to a related post from Jim, AA2QA, trying to promote more harmony among
the various license classes.

Another fellow there, K4YZ, has suggested I plagiarized the story from
CQ magazine, and I've called his bluff. You'll get a message from him
asking to locate the story in CQ.

I asked him about the story without "who what when where why".

...and I'm still asking you the When and Where of those "seven
hostile actions" you claimed to experience. :-)

You haven't answered that yet. [does that sound like you are
a "coward and a liar?" :-) ]

Why, yes, it does, By his very own, very odd definitions.

"Documented Liar and Coward!"

Glad you agree, Lennie, but then YOU "trained" him.

Tsk. He points his finger and forgets the other four fingers are
pointing right back at him!

You obviously use one finger to "point", Lennie.

In most countries of the world that's considered very rude...Not
that YOU have a problem with being rude.

I personally use an open hand for emphasis. Like most CAREER
military veterans do...

But remember that there are two sets of rules in play on RRAP.

Three...Lennie's, Brain's, and the rest of us.

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ