Old October 27th 04, 02:02 AM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , PAMNO
(N2EY) writes:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

N2EY wrote:

In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

Agreed! Len does more OT posting than anybody, yet complains the loudest when
others do it. Just another example of his double standard, do as Len says not
as Len does mentality.

Tsk.

I say enjoy the hobby.

I don't recall needing your approval to do so.

I say don't try to force archaic, imaginary
needs in testing for an amateur radio license just because some
olde-tymers had to do it.

I don't see any testing which is archaic or imaginary. I don't see any
testing done because old timers had to do it.

I say enjoy freedom.

Freedom doesn't mean reduced regulation or no regulation.

I say try to keep
up with the technology. I say the technology isn't restricted solely
to what the ARRL publishes.

It surely isn't. I know the League has never made such a statement.
How are you coming along with brushing up on phase noise?

Have you ever noticed, Mike, that Len practically *never* addresses someone

who
disagrees with him by the name they use on their posts? He almost always has

make up an insulting nickname for them.

Beggin' yer highbrow pardon, m'lord hamme-on-wry.

So a call for you to actually use the names of people you address or to
whom you refer is "highbrow"? Thanks for the illustration of a point.

Of course there was the PROFESSIONAL pilot who tried to roll a B-52 at low
altitude.

Did you see the case study of that one, Jim? Spooky! Too bad so many of
the folk flying with him knew they were probably going to die some day
with him at the yoke.

Did you see the film clip? It's on the 'net at a few sites. Not the best
quality, but scary enough.

Has Jimmie actually RIDDEN in a B-52?

Who cares?

Apparently you did. After all, you asked.

Jimmie never served his country in a military capacity,
wouldn't have any need to ride a B-52 for any reason.

Are you gonna bring back your classic "sphincter post", Leonard?

Heck, the only HF radio equipment you've admitted to owning is over 20

years
old. Definitely not "State Of The Art", yet you lecture others about it.

"Lecture?" :-)

Yes, painfully windy, pontificating lectures.

Tsk, tsk, TSK! I have an R-70. Leo has an R-70. Both still work to
specifications...

....but the R-70 certainly can't be considered "state of the art".

(which are quite good).

They aren't good today, Len. They weren't as good as much other gear
made in the same period.

Dave K8MN