Old October 27th 04, 03:11 AM
Mike Coslo

Dave Heil wrote:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

I do have a question. I had called you Lennie once, and I think you
didn't particularly care for that. I've been calling you Lenover21, but
that sounds kind of formal if a screen name can be called formal.

What do you see on my "signature" line?

Tsk. If you can't understand my preferences, then that trip to an
opthalmologist for you is necessary. [remember, watch out for
presbyopia...]

If you pick up an IEEE Membership Directory, you wil see my legal
name in there. Been in there since 1973. That's the formal version.

Or you can call me any name, nasty or otherwise, that you care to
use. Even enclose it in quote marks as "Dave" does it. Just don't
call me late for dinner.

Are you really the person posting as "William"? I don't recall using
"Len", "Leonard" or "Foghorn Lenhorn" when addressing you. I typically
refer to you as Len or Leonard until you start using the cutesy names.
That's when you become Foghorn.

Okay,

Per N2EY's query, why do you find it difficult to use another's given
name?

I want to know why asking a person what they wish to be called
garnishes a lecture! Oh well, I'm a big boy.

- Mike KB3EIA -