Old October 30th 04, 05:21 PM
N2EY

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

William wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote in message

William wrote:

(N2EY) wrote in message

In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

Mike Coslo wrote in message

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...re_eu/russia_u

s_election

And that "left turn is who the "reformed commies" endorse for Prez!

Yep.

Talk
about off off topic! Ooop! Not allowed to say PCTA are off topic.
My bad. So sorry.

What the heck, Brian? If you post something, and someone disagrees with
it, is THAT what you mean by not being allowed to have a different opinion?

I think that's exactly what "William" and "Lenover21" mean, Mike. If you
express a different opinion, they think you're saying they cannot have their
own.

It's even worse, if you prove that their opinion isn't based on facts....

I kind of thought that was what we were here for.

Me too.

As for off topic, yourself and are the ones
complaining of messages being off topic.

Yep. Even though they go off topic even more.

C'mon, you are starting to sound like a "victim".

Precisely.

Sorry, didn't mean to give that impression. It was supposed to be
tongue-in-cheek, but my keyboard emoticons are lacking.

Dang-it, there's that victim trap again! ;^)

See?

As a conservative, I can tell you that you don't have to be a victim.
You are responsible for your actions, and don't have to be a victim.
Once you do that, your life will take on new meaning, with unlimited
possibilities opening up that were denied you by the liberal's "victim
trap"

You mean like folks who blame all the problems of the ARS on the code test?

Reminds me of the "parade of victims" that NPR features each day.

When? I listen to NPR frequently, and I've not heard any such "parade".

Why does George Bush continue to fund those idiots?

For the same reasons outfits like Halliburton are funded?

NPR gets less and less gvt funding every year. 65 percent private/35
percent public

Yep.

There is a downside to that though. When Newt ad his buds originally
started the pull the pursetrings on NPR, the idea was that they would
melt and go away like the wicked witch of the west after getting doused
by Dorothy.

Is that the Newt whose treatment of his former spouse wasn't exactly in line
with "family values"?

Or the Newt whose intercepted cell phone conversation wasn't exactly G rated?

They didn't - they thrived, adapting to the new situation.

Fascinating!

As they
receive less and less government funding, they have more and more
autonomy. At this point I would assume that they enjoy the money that
they still get from the gvt

And that is the downside - less control.

I don't see journalistic freedom as a downside. Perhaps some people would
prefer that all broadcasting be like Fox - a cheerleader for the administration
currently in power.

I actually get my news from NPR and Reuters now.

I've done NPR and PBS for years. Best broadcasting in the USA, bar none.

Despite NPR's middle
to left perspective, they actually report so much more than the other
organizations - Network news sucks, CNN is weird, and Fox News is great
if you are a Pub that only wants to hear news that agrees with your
world view.

I find the whole NPR/PBS viewpoint to be all over the map - left, right,
center, whatever. IOW, well rounded and balanced. But I can see where some
folks would be annoyed by hearing things that are not complimentary to the
current administration - whoever it is.

---

One thing I find interesting, though, is the upscale drift of the PBS DIY
shows. Seems to me that "This Old House" and "Hometime" used to be mostly about
regular middle-class folks fixing up their homes themselves. But in recent
seasons, it's become more and more about monster projects in exotic or upscale
locations, using top-of-the-line products. And most of the work is done by
contractors, not homeowners.

73 de Jim, N2EY