Old February 28th 04, 09:03 PM
Tam/WB2TT

Richard,

Why don't you go to the web site you referenced, and click on "Ask seller a
question", or doesn't he know? I did not read the whole thing. With the

TYam/WB2TT
"Richard" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3077597082

This antenna is a mystery. No-one can identify it from the picture. It's
made in Japan and model number is CA-815.

I now have this antenna and can give the dimentions.

| A variable appx 17" (43 Cm)
|
| | B 4" (10 Cm)
| |

| C 59" (150 Cm)

-------------X--------------
D D 28" (71 Cm)

Tube A is adjustable it's about 17" long when in mid position.

B from the outside looks like a 4" long metal tube. A enters the "tube"
from the top, but is insulated from it. Likewise C enters the "tube" from
below and also insulated from it. I wonder if within B is a coil.

Tube C is 59" long.

Radials D are 28" long, but it looks to me as if they have a loading coil
which is located at the beginning. Coils not equal length for eachground
plane radial.

On the information sheet it shows a picture of a radio set they call "BASE
UNIT" It highlights an antenna select switch and tells you to select
external. So, to me, it looks like this antenna is meant for a receiver.

This antenna is ground plane type, it looks like a ground plane.

Hope it can now be identified. I've no idea what it's for. Is it either

an
AM or FM outdoor antennna? Or both?

TIA.

Rich.