Old October 31st 04, 09:05 PM
Dave Heil

William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Len Over 21 wrote:

There's no reasoning with emotional belief systems...such as the
PCTA's insistence that all who come after must jump through the
same hoops they had to when younger.

You have a point. There is no reasoning with emotional belief systems.
Take a guy who believes that those tested in amateur radio are "jumping
through hoops" or that the testing elements given today are the same as
those in years past. How would you deal with such a guy?

True enough. The Volunteer Examiners are giving Farnsworth exams
rather than the FCC/Part 97 specified Morse Code exams.

Farnsworth exams? I don't believe I've ever heard of any candidate for
an amateur radio license taking such an exam.

Dave K8MN