Old November 1st 04, 09:01 PM
Dave Heil

Dave wrote:

What has the ARRL done to encourage minorities to take up
ham radio as a hobby?

The ARRL has come up with a pretty good plan. It encourages anyone to
become a radio amateur. That inlcludes those of any racial group, those
of any religion, those with no religion and those of the several
genders.

What do ham radio clubs do to
promote ham radio among minorities?

Is it your feeling that a minority needs a special welcome. I know of
no club which bars anyone based on their minority status. I no of
several which are "membership by invitation only". The bar there is
whether one has DXCC or is a serious contester. Neither race nor gender
matter.

Why would a person
of color want to become a ham radio operator?

Why would they not?

Dave K8MN