Old November 2nd 04, 05:46 PM
N2EY

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
Become an engineer, and you get to:

Work long and uncompensated hours

be looked at as a major oddball by a large segment of the community. I
wish I had compiled a list of all the engineer disses I've heard over
the years.

And if you are successful as an engineer, you get to choose one of two
paths. Choose to enter management, and essentially stop being an engineer.

or

Continue to be an engineer, and continue to be a subordinate.

Guess who makes more money?

Years ago, I needed to make the choice between becoming an engineer, or
becoming an artist (who also had technical duties) Guess what won out?

Then again, you could have the skills to live like this guy:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/cus...la-news-fringe

73 de Jim, N2EY