Old November 2nd 04, 05:54 PM
KØHB

"N2EY" wrote

- The reward system is unbalanced in ways beyond pay compensation.
For example:

How many TV shows, movies, books, and other media do you
see today or in the past 40-odd years that are about the law and
law enforcement, or medical care? How many about any sort
of engineering or technical jobs?

TV shows, movies, books about your vocation are part of your "reward
system"? Wow! Next compensation cycle I'm going to put my engineers
pictures on TV rather than give them a pay raise. I'm sure they'll be
thrilled!

I bet you're damned glad you're not a farmer, a well driller, a plumber,
a purchasing agent, a mail carrier, a diesel mechanic, or a grocery
store manager! They don't get on TV very much either!

TV shows, movies, and books are written to entertain mass audiences, not
to be a "reward system" component.

73, de Hans, K0HB