Old November 3rd 04, 10:20 PM
N2EY

"KØHB" wrote in message hlink.net...
--
My name is Hans and I improved this message.

"N2EY" wrote

Haynie/Sumner/Imlay are political
lightweights giving Amateur Radio the image of a bunch of
obstructionist
amateurs (lower case amateur).

*Anyone* who stands in the way of "progress" will be portrayed that
way.

They aren't being 'portrayed' that way --- they are deliberately
cultivating the image on their own (using our money!).

That's unavoidable, Hans.

NTIA's report showed how harmful interference would result from BPL.
So did W1RFI's report and analysis, and the measurements and
observations of many commenters to FCC.

It's not about the "science" at all, but about the politics. And it
goes to the very top; Shrub himself likes BPL. His administration is
willing to pollute HF with BPL noise to get the perceived benefits of
BPL. It's that simple, and that political.

The reality of the situation is simply that BPL systems using HF leak
like mad, because the power lines act like antennas. Heck, that's why
the losses are so high - the lost energy is radiated, not absorbed! It
doesn't take an EE to see that, and also to see that the ubiquity of
power wiring makes it impossible for most hams to get far enough away
from a BPL system to avoid interference.

More "science" isn't what's needed. The folks who make the rules have
their lawyer hats on, not their engineer hats.

73 de Jim, N2EY