Old February 29th 04, 08:00 AM
W4JLE

pull out the handbook and look at how a 4:1 balun is wound and the
measurements fall in to place.

"Fred" wrote in message
Hi,

I am cleaning up and putting back into service my old Channel Master

scanner
antenna. This antenna is similar to the Scantena:

http://users.cis.net/kingpop/Scanner/Scantenna.htm

My question has to do with the Balun. I plan to use RG-6 cable with
this Balun from Radio Shack (standard TV type 300 ohm to 75 ohm):

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=15-1140

Does anyone see a problem using this Balun? The original Balun that
came with the Channel Master was a more heavy duty looking one..

When I do a continuity check on the new TV type balun I get a dead short
when connecting my meter across the two leads. I get nothing at the F
connector... like it is not even connected to the leads.

When I do a check of my old balun (that is cracked and weathered) I get a
dead short from the center of the F connector to either of the leads.. I

get
nothing at the outside of the F connector. I also get the dead short when
testing across the leads.

Thanks for any advice on this!!

Fred
KD6ZDJ