Old February 29th 04, 02:30 PM
Mitch Dickson

From ARRL Headquarters

Newington CT January 20, 2004
To all radio amateurs

SB QST ARL ARLB003
ARLB003 ARRL to Propose New Entry-Level License, Code-Free HF Access

The ARRL will ask the FCC to create a new entry-level Amateur Radio
license that would include HF phone privileges without requiring a
Morse code test.

Isn't that "Special"!!!!!! I can hardly wait to be in the middle of a good
QRP QSO and hear some CBer who thinks he is a ham blair in with "Is the
channel in use?"

It is nice to know that the good friends at ARRL sold us out! Wonder what
30 pieces of silver will buy these days? Apparently if you are a
corporation, it will buy you the priviledge to destroy ham radio! Heck,
why require a license at all? That seems like such a bother. Why not just
make up a call and get you a radio and jump in "Good Buddy"? I'll bet that
for 50 bucks, the "board" at ARRL will back you!

Mitch
AE4YW
--
"Come by and sit a spell with me at www.volstate.net/~mitch/ "